Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Menu Plan June 21 - 25


How do the weeks pass so quickly? I have been meaning to post on the talk fredkid sponsored but I haven't seem to have found the time yet. Barbara Coloroso was amazing and inspiring and so challenging. She was entertaining as well... the 2 hours seemed like less than 30 minutes! I hope I have half as much energy as her in my 60s! I also hope to chase after a passion like she has in her life.

Happy belated Father's day to all the dad's out there! We had a pretty low key day, made a homemade card and went shopping for a few small things. I am so grateful for my own amazing dad and to have a wonderful husband who is an incredible dad to Charlotte. I'm very lucky!

So, last week's recipes! The Beef Barley Stew was a hit, and was so tasty. (Although not with Charlotte... she ate the carrots!!) I would not recommend the Oriental Chicken Wraps without some major adjustments! The sauce was so incredibly sweet it was kind of sickening, I could only eat one small wrap. I would omit or definitely cut down on the sugar a lot. There was also way too much sauce for the amount of salad we had.

This week is a pretty simple plan!

Monday: Veggie spaghetti with spinach/tomato sauce and whole wheat pasta
Tuesday: Chicken stir fry with lots of veggies over rice
Wednesday: BBQ potluck, bringing Broccoli Slaw salad (recipe from my mother-in-law... see below!)
Thursday: Potato Soup with raw veggies and hummus
Friday: Pink Pancakes from "Deceptively Delicious"


Broccoli Slaw Salad

1 package broccoli slaw
2-3 green onions (I omitted these because MIL did, and I think they would really change the taste of the salad)
1 c. peanuts
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 package Ramen noodles crushed
1/2 c. dried cranberries

Dressing:
1/4 c. oil
1/3 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c. sugar

Mix salad and dressing 3-4 hours before serving. (I did less time, and it was fine, also added the noodles just before serving to keep them crunchy.)
Keep cool, stir occasionally.

This salad is so easy... no chopping (without the green onions) or cooking. Throw all the ingredients together and stir!!



Check out organizing junkie for lots more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment