Monday, December 14, 2009

Menu Plan Dec 14 - 18


My favorite recipe last week was Armenian Lentil Soup. I made a few adjustments: 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of soy sauce instead of two each... 3/4 tsp of salt instead of 1 tbsp and I omitted the dill weed. It was hearty and delicious, perhaps because I love the texture of cooked spinach. (Those that don't would probably not like it as much.) I also used chopped fresh spinach instead of frozen. Yum!

We had a little snowstorm last week and so our small group potluck was postponed. My sister and I decided to test cook our dishes for our hubbies anyway! (We had a meal of appetizers!) Her mushroom and onion dip was AMAZING (company's coming recipe) and my cheese balls were boring and not very enjoyable. (They tasted like cheese and flour, which pretty much describes the ingredients!)

So.... I am going to try another recipe this week! Here is the plan:

Monday: Chicken fajitas (boxed kit, bought it for an easy meal on the weekend, as I usually take the weekend off/do everything the easy way!)
Tuesday: Date night out
Wednesday: Small group potluck. This time, I am going to try BLT Guacamole from Rachel Ray's Big Orange Book. Pretty similar to this version I found online, she just uses romaine and 2 lemons.
Thursday: Pork Roast with veggies (potatoes, carrots, onion and parsnip)
Friday: homemade pizza

I experimented with Curry Chickpeas this week as a little snack to take along to the potluck. It didn't turn out as I expected (they didn't get crispy) but I think I will bake some this week with the spices to see how it works. This recipe is also from the "Big Orange Book" by Rachel Ray. (I got it from the library..... before I started menu planning there was no way I'd be interested in getting cookbooks from the library! Now I actually read recipes for fun......................)

I have another potluck with my mom's group this week, and we are going a cookie exchange. My brilliant sister thought of peanut logs which are easy, and you don't have to bake them!! I am going to make them today, and will post the info later on! I am also going to make a couple of loaves of bread from the breadmaker to take.

Busy busy cooking week! For more menu planning ideas, check out Laura's blog. I LOVE the idea of the Appetizer Wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment