Friday, July 17, 2009

menu plan review

So this week I dropped the ball on the menu planning! Because Kathryn and Tim were here, I used my time visiting with them, and didn't make a plan until Wednesday or so. I knew what we were going to eat while they were here, but I just didn't make it a point to write it down. So here it is!

Monday: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Tuesday: Black Bean Quesadillas
Wednesday: BBQ burgers and raw veggies with dip

Thursday: Teriyaki Chicken Burgers with homemade fries
Friday: Chicken, Pepper, Tomato Nachos


(Boneless Skinless Chicken was on a super deal this week!)

Okay - So not the most healthy week, but OH so yummy! Thursday was supposed to be leftover night but we didn't have many leftovers as DH came home for lunch a couple days this week (a special treat that NEVER happens!) and we had hot leftover lunches. So, I looked at
Laura's menu plan for inspiration and discovered the Easy Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe. I decided not to use pineapple, and rather use tomato and lettuce. We threw the chicken on the bbq and it was delicious even though it had only been marinating for 30 min or so. I also love to use the whole grain flat bread buns, but we just had some regular buns that DH picked up, so I used those. Yum!

Now on to more healthy things...
Tomorrow we are having company for lunch and I am making Lentil Brown Rice Casserole with a side salad. I am also going to attempt a healthy apple muffin recipe and will post if it turns out!

One of my favorite treats these past few weeks has been homemade iced tea in the afternoon. I make a full pitcher a couple times a week! Just 3 regular black tea bags and boiling water and I let it steep for a while and then refridgerate. Since DH likes things sweeter than I do, we add our own lemon and sugar for each glass. It is so refreshing and the perfect pick-me-up on a hot afternoon. (The stemless wine glass makes it even more enjoyable!)


Check out Organizing Junkie for more ideas and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment