Sunday, July 11, 2010

Menu Plan July 12 - 16


Ah, what a week. I actually had a menu plan last week, and somewhat followed it! I just have not had time to post and write. So here's general idea of last week's meals:
Monday: Mom's lasagna, garlic bread and Caesar salad
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: Apple Chicken Quesadillas - I didn't get to these last week and they were SO yummy!
Thursday: ended up being leftovers again
Friday: ended up having chicken and veggie nachos with homemade guacamole, but this was not in the plan.

The best way to describe the past week is sweltering heat, unbearable humidity and major home renovations. There were days that the humidex was 90%+ and one day it got up to 40 or 41 degrees with the humidity. I have been really struggling with it this week and find it quite difficult to breathe, almost wheezy like someone with asthma would be. I must talk to my doctor about that, because it doesn't look like it's supposed to cool down anytime soon!! The renos on our house have been in waiting for a long time, and they are mainly our back porch (which was rotting away....), new windows and doors and new insulation on the outside of the house and siding.... these are in order to get the renovation tax credit (we had an energy audit done in the spring). It may seem exciting to some, but to be completely honest... I was dreading it, and now am struggling even more that it has started and will be put on hold for a bit. It adds stress along with stress with the business and I need to find ways to cope with it all.

What a vent... on a more positive note, I got a lovely hair cut this week! And Tim and I were able to get a sitter for Charlotte in order to go on a date which was a much needed hour or so away from the house and life...
I like it... and it's pretty easy to do, and doesn't look too awful when it is not styled!

So, back to the menu planning! I am trying to think simple meals as we are busy almost every evening.

Monday: Turkey Chili with rice
Baking a meal for a family who just had twin boys!! Plan is: homemade lasagna, garlic bread, Caesar salad and probably chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (They are a large family, and Mom's lasagna recipe is tasty and goes a long way!)

Blueberry oatmeal muffins for Mom's group snack

Wednesday: Potato wedges and something on the bbq

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Homemade pizza using this recipe for dough as recommended by my sister!

I am also determined to try this green smoothie recipe this week! I am hoping to get hooked on these, there are tons of different recipes for green smoothies out there. Do you have a favorite? Or does this look disgusting to you?? I'd love to hear your experiences!

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Please check out Laura's blog for lots more ideas and organizing inspiration too!


No comments:

Post a Comment