Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vaccine update

So Charlotte had her 18 month vaccines almost 2 weeks ago now, and I've been meaning to post on it all this time. The nurse was extremely open to my questions and brought out the pamphlet that comes with the vaccine to give me the most accurate information. And when she saw I was taking notes she offered me the pamphlet to keep! (I guess each vaccine comes with a pamphlet, so if you are interested... ask!)

All of the vaccines that contain aluminum (that I was worried about) are grouped into one vaccine shot called "Pediacel". It contains 1.5 mg of aluminum phosphate which is 0.33 mg of aluminum. Because it is such a small amount, I went ahead with that vaccine (Pneumococcal, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Haemophilus Influenza Type B) as well as the 2 others:
Polio IPV, and Measles, Mumps and Rubella.

Charlotte was upset... it definitely stung her and she was so much more aware of what was going on. We had waited in the waiting room alone for 45 minutes and she was getting quite antsy by the end of it. She slept A LOT that night and was fussy during the day. Basically, all she wanted to do was nurse and sleep, so I put everything else on hold, and so that's what we did!

Now she is set until she enters Kindergarten (or we homeschool!!) Another post for another time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment