Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, we are home sweet home and I love it. I love being in our space. We are experiencing the first major snowstorm of the season and had to brave the roads home tonight as we were out visiting family. A bit treacherous, but we made it (although not in the driveway) and Tim is clearing snow at the moment. I am so thankful for finding a snowblower on kijiji as Tim has problems with his shoulder and shoveling really bothers it.

So I am blessed. Curled up in front of the computer, browsing amazon and thinking about the fact that I have yet to ponder my New Year's Resolutions for the Year. Last year, my word for the year was "health". (Check out my post on the fredkid forum to read more about it!) My goals were lofty last year, and I only really worked seriously on a few. I think that part of the issue was not going back and reading them, or posting them in a place where I could remember and re-focus. I did start researching recipes, menu planning and trying to cook healthier meals. I learned how to cook dried beans and lentils. I try to only shop for groceries once a week. Planning really helped eliminate quick (and unhealthy) pre-packaged food from our diet. We still have a long way to go, especially when it comes to late night snacking and portion sizes. But I grew a lot in this area this year.

Exercise... I did really well at the beginning of the year with videos at home. I became a member of Leslie Sansome's Walk at Home online program and also did "The Shred" (by Jillian Michaels). That slowly faded away when Charlotte became really mobile and wouldn't sit still for a workout session. I am lacking exercise in a major way in my life right now. I walk our dog but that is it. I miss it and still have yet to think of a solution for this.

Home organzation... nada. Major goal for this year.
Creativity... not so much. I thought about it a bit and blogged about it. I definitly need more creativity in my life.

Financial... still need major work on this. We decided to do an online financial and budgeting course together but have yet to start it. Tim also started his own business in 2009, which is a huge change in many, many, ways. Being in charge of the books, has been extrememly daunting, and another major stressor in my life. This is something that I have to deal with and get under control in the new year.

Spiritual... I have completed one Beth Moore Bible study and I'm still working on my second. I grew quite a bit spiritually this year through these studies and I look forward to continuing with a structured form to stay consistent.

So am I a healthier person? In some ways. But I still really lack balance in my life. I think some of the major problems are an un-organized home which is stressful for me and the stress of dealing with finances. These things plus lack of exercise and time for myself contribute to lack of health in my life. So on to 2010! New possibilities, many new opportunities! I think reflecting helps clarify what stands out for this year. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment