Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Menu Plan - September 28


We have been sick. It is amazing how I take my health for granted until I am sick. And then all I can think about is being healthy again and how miserable it is to be sick! We have been dealing with this "respiratory flu" that seems to be really common right now. We all had it, but when Charlotte got sick, I decided to go in to the doctor with her. I got in right away (I love my doctor!) but Charlotte and I both had to wear masks. (The extra precautions they are taking right now.) This was fine for me, we purchased individual masks at the drugstore. They did not have masks for children or babies and it was a bit ridiculous trying to keep this huge mask on Charlotte. Thankfully, Tim was able to come with me (one HUGE benefit to being your own boss) and he took her in the hallway while I waited to be called. Anyway, it turned out Charlotte had the beginnings of an ear infection along with the flu, so she is on medication and the doctor told me that I could have antibiotics, but it was probably better to just wait it out. (Did I mention I love my doctor??) Anyway, Charlotte is teething in the midst of all of this and pretty miserable. Hopefully those teeth will come through and she will start to feel much better.

SO - menu planning. Ha! Basically I have been focusing on getting rest while I can, and trying to ignore the loud banging and drilling in the basement. This has been our make-shift menu for the week:

Monday - Omelets (with broccoli, leeks and cheese)
Tuesday - Lentil Brown Rice Casserole
Wednesday - Corn boil with our small group
Thursday - Bruschetta and baked chicken
Friday - Enchilada bake

Check out Organizing Junkie for great menu planning tips.

Jody's Enchilada Bake

1 Pound cooked ground beef
1 onion
2 cups chunky salsa
1 can black beans
1/4 cup Italian dressing
2 tsp chili powder

Mix all of the above.

6 tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cheese

In a shallow baking pan, layer tortilla, meat mix, sour cream times 2.
Top with a layer of tortilla and cheese.

Back at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes (covered). For the last 10 minutes, take the covering off.

No comments:

Post a Comment