Monday, February 16, 2009

time for cereal!

Well, we reached the day last week, when it was time to introduce cereal. I was wondering if I would know when to introduce it, and I knew (or should I say, my hubby knew)! (That is, if it came before her sixth month birthday. I know that they start needing the iron, around 6 months.) Last week there was a day when she would not stop eating and was quite fussy all day. I was exhausted that evening, and Tim suggested that she might be ready for cereal. She needed more food in her belly!

So... we tried the rice kind, with so much breast milk you couldn't even tell that there was cereal in there! (The consistency was like milk.) And.....

she loved it! Especially chewing on the spoon. She even tried to eat it out of the bowl....


with a hand on the spoon as well. She is a pro! I am giving her about a tsp and a half in the morning and at supper. That seems to work for now. The whole cereal thing is so new to me and I although I have done a bit of reading, I am pretty much making it up as I go along. So far, so good!









1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such big girl! I can't wait to see her again in real life. June can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete