Thursday, February 19, 2009

sick

"Mommy's can't get sick" my mom used to say. I didn't realize the truth of that until this week. DH took a couple days off of school to nurse his sore throat, head cold and just general yuckiness. When the bug hit me last night, I realized that I couldn't nurse anything! Not with a 6 month old demanding my attention every second.

To be fair, Tim never takes a day off work, and has had maybe 1 sick day in 4 years. And I wouldn't trade my little girl for a day in bed with lemon tea and a warm bath.... not in a million years. And I don't want to have that martyr attitude.... I gave up everything for you, blah, blah, blah. That's not fair. The truth is, I love my daughter very much and enjoy our time together immensely. We have fun! We giggle and sing songs, dance around the living room to Raffi and have adventures. I have never felt so content in my life thus far.

So I will rest when she rests today. And hopefully feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment