Thursday, August 27, 2009

diapering and EC

I haven't posted on diapering and EC in a while, so I thought I'd give a little update on how things are going. I'll start with diapering!

I use mainly fitted diapers (without covers) or little undies while we are at home. That way I can tell immediately when she is wet and change her right away. This is a personal preference for me, I always try to keep her bum dry and clean. When we go out, I usually use my pocket diapers, or All-in-twos (they are waterproof). If I am out of clean diapers, or she hasn't had her poo yet, I will put on a disposable. (Although she rarely goes when we are out.) She still wears a disposable at night as well.

I was so excited about EC (elimination communication) after reading the book "Diaper Free". We did so well at first about communicating about her needs and she was peeing in the toilet a lot! I have been slacking off with this, and really have no excuse. It's easier to let her pee and then change it. I am disappointed, but would like to set some specific goals in the fall for myself to get back on track. (It has nothing to do with Charlotte, it's about me providing her sufficient opportunity to pee in her potty.) Basically, I would like to take her to pee - when she wakes up, and at intervals of every hour in the morning and afternoon. I would also like to use underwear primarily at home. And take her to pee when we are out, at least every hour. We are getting more undies (from my fabulously talented SIL!) and I will post pics when we get them. The ones she has are getting too small for her.

Anyway, I think I will re-read some of "Diaper Free" in order to renew my vision for this and realize why I was passionate about it in the first place. It is tricky to go against what is the norm, and I am coming to the realization that I need to stop worrying about what other people think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment